NYU Rudin Center Hosts Women Leaders in Transportation Panel
The NYU Rudin Center hosted the “Women Leaders in Transportation” event on May 14th. Sarah Kaufman led a panel with four exceptional executive women to celebrate and discuss their leadership in the NYC transportation industry. The speakers explained how they became speakers, approaches to balancing responsibilities, lessons learned from their careers, and proudest accomplishments. The panelists then discussed policies that organizations can enact to promote gender equity and strategies for individuals to support women in the workplace.
This even included a breakfast reception followed by a panel discussion.
The event’s panelists were:
- Jamey Barbas, Executive Director for the Tappan Zee Bridge Project, New York State Thruway Authority
- Meera Joshi, Visiting Scholar, NYU Rudin Center for Transportation; Former NYC Taxi & Limousine Commissioner
- Midori Valdivia, Chief of Staff to the MTA President, Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Veronica Vanterpool, Deputy Director, Vision Zero Network, and Board Member, MTA
- Moderator: Sarah M. Kaufman, Associate Director of the NYU Rudin Center for Transportation